The Rookie Driver Learning Zone
The Rookie Driver Learning Zone has been created to help you in all aspects of theory and hazard perception training with the added benefit of links that you may find useful.
How to apply for a Provisional Licence
Provisional licences can be obtained up to 3 months before your 17th birthday; however you may not drive on the road until you are 17 and have a provisional licence in your possession.
Driving licences are issued by the Driving and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA). The application form D1 can be obtained from any Post Office or you can apply on line at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/index.htm.
When applying for a provisional driving licence make sure you
- are a resident of Great Britain
- can meet the minimum age requirement
- can meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- are currently not prevented from driving for any reason
- can pay the fee by MasterCard, Visa, Electron or Delta debit or credit card
- have a valid UK passport or other form of identity
- can provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
The DVLA will aim to send your driving licence within 2 weeks of submitting your application.
Check back for regular updates to the Rookie Driver Learning Zone.